For non-UK residents, under British law (the children’s acts 1980 & 1989) each child receiving a full time education (more than 12 weeks) must have a legally appointed Guardian present in the UK. The Guardian duties, connected with the child’s stay at school, include:
- Representing the child with the school authorities in case of academic or pastoral issues
- At the start of the academic year, purchasing items for the child i.e. school uniform, books and equipment, name tags for clothing, bedding, telephone cards etc
- Assisting with travel arrangements for the child at the start / end of term, for ‘Exeat’ weekends and for half term holidays
- Updating and renewing legal documents such as visas
- Supervising the child’s finances
Front Row Education partner with an AEGIS accredited Guardianship company to ensure a first class service and are happy to discuss your requirements.